Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Molding Operations
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Molding Operations
Senior level engineer will be working in a team environment directly involved with development and production of electronic packaging processes used in commercial, automotive and other specialty products. Primary responsibility will include developing and supporting our molding processes and equipment used for the manufacture of industry leading advanced power component solutions.
- Develop cost effective electronics packaging improvements to existing methods and leads efforts in solutions for new products.
- Review all new product designs for compatibility with process capability. Make appropriate recommendations on new designs.
- Write technical reports and prepares presentations for peer review covering process development activities and next generation processing.
- Hands on responsibility for equipment including programming, occasional troubleshooting, and the SPC needed to ensure the highest yields, throughput, and lowest cost.
- Implement and manage real time SPC and utilize Six Sigma tools such as PFMEAs to implement meaningful process controls
- Supports the organizational goal of Automotive Readiness in preparation for IATF 16949 Certification.
- Work independently as well as lead cross-functional development teams.
- Monitor line performance and take corrective action to eliminate process problems and improve yields.
- Work with hourly production and maintenance personnel to improve line performance
- Identify and lead cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives
- Prepare requests and justifications for new equipment purchases
- Initiate and approve manufacturing documentation and ECO’s
- Investigate problems, determine root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Will have opportunity to learn other back end processes such as lapping, laser, and dicing with cross training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Plastics, or Manufacturing Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ Years’ experience with Transfer Molding, Injection Molding, or Plastic molding of complex medical products. Postgraduate research experience in an academic setting will count towards industry experience.
- Experience with mold tool design, process development, and process support. Electronics over molding experience would be ideal fit. Understanding the properties of materials, mold flow, heat transfer etc. is critical.
- Experience with the Automotive Requirements such as IATF 16949 Certification, PPAP, BIQ, FTQ considered a plus.
- Experience using design based software systems. Examples include Solid Works, Pro Engineer, or Auto CAD. Moldflow experience preferred.
- Familiarity with advanced packaging and processing strategies for system in a package devices (SIP) incorporating high layer count laminate (PCB) and ceramic substrates, ferrites, flip chips, BGA’s, lead-free soldering, MSL, transfer molding and encapsulation, high current interconnects a plus.
- Good hands on engineering skills and ability to work on production equipment
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve moderately complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application