Sr. Design Engineer
- Working in the Vicor Power Components R&D organization, will design and develop state of the art DC/DC converter products using proprietary technology.
- Design elements include electrical design, component selection, simulation/test, PCB layout, and product functional specification.
- Leads an engineering team from product conception through manufacturing production. Provides overall project planning including development schedules, generating test and design verification and validation plans, and supporting design objective specifications.
- Oversees the generation of the full documentation package for all products designed.
- Will also interface with internal organizations and external customers.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 5+ years of power electronics design experience in one or more of the following: DC/DC converters, VRMs, Bus Converters, niPOLs
- Extensive knowledge of high frequency switching power supply topologies, and control architectures
- Specific power conversion design skills include: high frequency magnetics design, power conversion circuit design and analysis, circuit simulation, layout considerations, feedback control theory, EMC compliance, and logic/interface circuit design.
- Micro controller experience a plus
- Familiar with Mathcad, Matlab and Simulink
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent team and individual contributor leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational, communications and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application