Senior Software Engineer
- Develop and maintain Vicor’s proprietary ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) software.
- Design test software modules for USTA (Universal Software Test Architecture) using (C, Visual Basic) on a variety of computer platforms as well as Embedded uControllers.
- Analyze and implement "off the shelf" instrumentation components (GPIB, VXI, PXI, Serial).
- Provide documentation at all stages of software development.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to develop new test procedures.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to support and optimize existing ATE Software
- Prioritizes workload and switches to higher priority tasks when needed.
- Sets goals and meets them in a timely manner, stays focused on the task/assignment at hand, and drives them to completion.
- Maintains a high degree of technical competence and helps others to use state-of-the-art techniques.
BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Science
3+ years’ experience designing and implementing technical software solutions in a fast paced environment.
Capable of designing and implementing complex system designs in a highly distributed and complex environment.
Strong programming experience in Java, C/C++, C#.NET
Experience with Visual Studio 2019 and Windows 10
Team player, capable of working effectively independently or in a team.
Able to learn and recommend new technologies as required to complete technical solutions.
Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of personnel in discussions and explanations of complex systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communications
- Experience in software development of web applications on Unix and Windows environment
- Experience developing reusable software and software tools
- Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application