China Automotive Business Development Manager
China Automotive Business Development Manager
The role requires a highly motivated, customer oriented, english speaking, business development / sales leader with in-depth automotive experience working with Automotive OEM’s and tier-one/two customers in the automotive market. Strong communication and team-building skills with existing relationships at strategic customers required for this business development-sales position. The applicant must exhibit strong sales skills to increase the number of new opportunities and drive new design-wins for Vicor. Ideal Location: Shanghai China, Home office and Vicor Office
- Ability to develop an account strategy with a set of target customers aligned with Vicor’s strengths and potential, set a course of action and set activities in place to support it, assist in Vicor’s growth in this new market segment
- Proactively identifying, qualifying and developing customer opportunity based on self-motivation, and coaching customers with our technical value & superiority and win business chances
- Gathering competitive intelligence where Vicor would be, and developing customer relationship and finding where to design thru defining of where pain points
- Work directly with internal automotive group: Business development team, local and factory applications and engineering team to increase the opportunity funnel, drive design wins and create new partnerships for Vicor in Automotive. Assigned customers typically located in the Shanghai or Shenzhen
- Support the automotive business team to aid in new product development, product definitions and validation, in depth automotive customer knowledge, strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with customers, peers and management, 40% travel
- Knowledge of the automotive segment, key customers and their applications are essential for success, existing relationships are critical at key customers targeted for penetration, ability to interface with all levels of management
- Essential team skills: strong interpersonal skills for relationship building with customers, Vicor’s global sales force, peers and management, report to an Automotive segment leader in Asia (Korea)
- Knowledge of the automotive segment, key automotive customers and their programs are essential for success, existing relationships in engineering and sourcing at key China customers and supply chain
- Proven drive and design in experience in key accounts and management projects
- Semiconductor technical experience, familiarity with functional safety ISO 26262 standards, AECQ100, TS-16949 certification and the PPAP, SOP and safe launch process for automotive customers
- Knowledge or past selling experience with DC/DC converters would be ideal in this new position: aimed at target applications: powertrain and chassis systems, on board charging, inverters, battery
- English fluency is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application